CPSoS Workshop at the Hannover Fair 2016:
“Cyber‐physical Systems of Systems – The Next Challenge”
Date: Tuesday, April 26th, 2016
Venue: Hannover, Germany – as part of Hannover Messe 2016
The CPSoS project organized the workshop “Cyber‐physical Systems of Systems – The Next Challenge” at Hannover Messe 2016 on April 26th.
The aim of the workshop was to discuss the way forward for the engineering and management of large‐scale cyber‐physical systems of systems and also to present the results of the CPSoS project that have been summarized in the recently published document “Proposal of a European Research and Innovation Agenda on Cyber-physical Systems of Systems – 2016-2025”.
The workshop has attracted around 40 participants from entire world (Japan, New Zealand, USA, beside the EU countries). Discussions were stimulated by presentations from leading representatives of the European industry that develop and deploy components of cyber‐physical systems of systems, who presented their views on the state of the art and future of the cyber-physical systems of systems.
- The program of the workshop can be found here.
You may consult the presentations of the event here:
- Cyber-physical Systems of Systems – The Next Challenge (by Sebastian Engell, TU Dortmund, Germany)
- Cyber‐physical Systems of Systems in Electric Power Systems and Networks (by Patrick Paniciatici, RTE, France)
- Cyber‐physical Systems of Systems in Industrial Automation (by Alf Isaksson, ABB, Sweden)
- The Next Generation in Automated Material Handling Systems: Autonomous Shuttles (by Joost van Eekelen, Vanderlande, Netherlands)
- Cyber‐physical Systems of Systems Challenges in Manufacturing (by Haydn Thompson, THHINK Wireless Technologies, UK)
- Cyber‐physical Systems of Systems in the ARTEMIS Strategic Research Agenda (by Jürgen Nihaus, SafeTRANS, Germany)
- The Way Forward ‐ Medium‐term Research and Innovation Priorities in the Engineering of Cyber‐physical Systems of Systems (by Sebastian Engell, TU Dortmund, Germany)