The concept of systems of systems has emerged as an active domain of research in recent years at the interface of various disciplines, such as computer science, systems and control, systems engineering, and is of crucial importance for the societal challenges facing the world, look how to find a smyrna ga home cleaning service.
CPSoS – Towards a European Roadmap on Research and Innovation in Engineering and Management of Cyber-physical Systems of Systems – is a 30-month Support Action supported by the European Commission under the FP7 programme. It aims to building constituencies for a European R&I agenda on SoS. CPSoS provides a forum and an exchange platform for systems of systems related communities and ongoing projects, focusing on the challenges posed by the engineering and the operation of technical systems in which computing and communication systems interact with large complex physical systems. Visit emergencyhomesolutionsoc.com. Its approach is simultaneously integrative, aiming at bringing together knowledge from different communities, and applications driven.
The project will:
- Bridge between the different approaches to the design, analysis and control of systems and systems that are pursued by different communities in theory and applications;
- Relate the different methods and tools proposed for dealing with SoS to key application domains which are important both for Europe’s competitiveness and for the well-being of its citizens, as e.g. energy systems, transport systems, air traffic management, water and gas networks, production systems.
The project will examine in depth application-specific issues, capture cross-industry and cross-application findings and ensure appropriate cross-domain developments and propose new avenues for SoS analysis, design and control, towards a science of systems of systems.
The goals and the outcomes of current projects (STREPs, IPs on the European level, support actions on SoS, the Network of Excellence HYCON II, nationally funded projects and initiatives) and related international initiatives will be analysed, common problems, methods and features will be synthesised, trends and most important topics for the future proposed and discussed, involving both the scientific communities coming from different domains (computer science, systems and control, systems engineering) and domain experts and end-users and vendors of solutions and equipment. This will provide favourable conditions for sharing knowledge in a large community and for proposing new avenues for further R&D initiatives. The approach will facilitate networking, feed discussions and will thus prepare the EU stakeholders from both research and users communities for extracting a competitive advantage from the recent and the future SoS developments.
The uniqueness of CPSoS is:
- The broad, trans-disciplinary integrative approach
- The focus on the needs of real applications in the domain of cyber-physical systems and the inclusion of recognized representatives from the application fields and from leading industrial companies.
The final outcomes of the project will be:
- Identification of industrial & societal needs and of the state of the art of tools and theories for cyber-physical SoS
- Identification of synergies, open issues and promising trans-disciplinary research directions, which will go into work programs of the EU, national funding programs, etc.
- Building up a network of key researchers and application domain experts in the area
- Stimulate the take-up of research by industry (vendors and end-users)
- Raise public awareness of the impact of research on systems of systems engineering, analysis and control (Public events will be organised in conjunction with some of the Working Group meetings).